1) In order to manage to find the appropriate one and lure him to choose us for a lifetime by his side, we need to know where those guys usually go out. Those vampires can be found at the local vamps, gothic pubs or if the area we live in is pretty boring, maybe at the local metal bar.
2) When you see nothing like the lord of your dreams, but instead you see dirty wackos smoking dope and dancing like apes, do not lose your hopes. It takes lots of digging in dusty caves and shitholes until you manage to dig out a precious stone. Go several times at the same place, until you are certain that no new faces are ever going to enter that door. When this happens, move on, find a new place or if necessary consult your amazing friend called THE INTERNET. Seriously, best chances to meet someone awesome is online. Also you have higher chances to meet a pervert or a killer if you get desperate.
3) And you finally see one that seems sexy as frank, pale and mysterious, semi-hiding in the shades of the pub's wall decorative deep red curtains. Number one move, is throwing him a sharp and cold, almost hostile glance, that will chill him to the bones. It is the dance of the wolves, the chance to tell him everything you were dreaming all this time, in a couple of seconds. It is also very convenient if you have a bad sight and you need to squint to see him better. Double win! Then just before he starts to doubt your intentions, smile at him with confidence and turn your head elsewhere, throwing him some sporadic glances to keep his fire burning. If you meet him on the internet, google all Poe's quotes and talk to him about the adventures you dream to live in haunted castles in Scotland.
4) When he finally makes the move and asks you out, make sure that you spend every minute you have available planning the date to the finest detail: from the perfect place, the ideal outfit, the words that you will possibly exchange, the "after" activities and even what you will drink, eat and how will you avoid buses, the need to buy something from a grocery store and anything else that will remind you of the current century we live in and the "normal people".
5) If everything fails and all the cuties you meet or have the potential to meet, run away like demonized, then maybe you need to stop all this crap and simply be yourself. Gothsters are normal people who love goth music, may love or even hate gothic dress-ups, have humor, can handle perfectly reality and the 21st century and love girls in the way that all men do: some like talls, some shorties, some blondes, some goths, some sweet virgins in pink. So next time you see that untamed beast that you wish to make yours, be yourself and hope that you are compatible and he likes you back!
Ada "Ravenworld" Elliott